Exceptional, tranquil, retreat estate for rent!
Perched on the northern-most tip of Lopud island, opposite of world famouse city of Dubrovnik in Croatia, estate LOPUD 1483 overlooks the small harbour and islands beyond. Sensitively restored from its 15th century incarnations, today LOPUD 1483 is a private, tranquil retreat that seamlessly merges history and heritage.
The 13 original cells have been elegantly transformed into five private suites, each with its own bathroom and views over the Adriatic sea or out onto monastery's medicinal gardens awash with Mediterranean greenery, herbs and native fauna. At their heart, with sweeping view over the sea, lies a fortress that once protected the security of the island’s inhabitants, providing shelter and a means of defence against the attacks of Ottoman pirates.
From the top of the fortress, experience majestic views over the neighbouring island of Šipan and the national park on Mljet.
Thoughtfully restored using bespoke joinery and historic plastering techniques, the interiors effortlessly fuse handmade furniture by Italian designer Paola Lenti with historic renaissance pieces from the Thyssen-Bornemiza collection.
Contrasting with the ancient architecture, walls are adorned with carefully curated contemporary art pieces from the TBA21 Collection.
- 15th Century Monastery located on island of Lopud, a short boat ride from Dubrovnik
- Available for exclusive use only
- Five spacious double suites with en-suite bathrooms
- Exceptional private art collection
- Private gardens and direct access to the Adriatic Sea
- Sun deck and sunset terrace on fortress walls
- Dining throughout the grounds
- Fully staffed including hosts, experience leaders and private chef
- Direct private access to the crystal blue waters of the Adriatic
- Hamman, treatments room and workout space with Techno gym equipment set within ancient fortress
- Masseuse, personal trainer and yoga instructor available on request
- Products developed from home grown herbs from Sacred Garden
- Meditation space within medicinal Sacred Garden, curated and restored by Arctic shaman Åsa Andersson
The monastery is also a wonderful place for families to enjoy. The in house chefs are happy to cater for children.
The property sleeps 10 guests in five double bedrooms.
Minimum night stay: 5 nights in June, July, August, September
3 nights at all other times
One, round trip transfer from Dubrovnik airport included per booking.
If you wish to enjoy this estate please contact us for the full rate sheet detailing rates, inclusions and policies.